Demand Planning, Margin and Inventory Optimization
Our Merchandising Consultants take time to understand each retail client’s merchandising strategy. We use this context to help retailers optimize their sales, margins and inventory profitability by better managing sales, margins and inventory through the product life-cycle.
At HRC, we unlock value through both near-term improvement and longer term, more sustainable process and better utilization of technology to improve profitability and working capital.
Many retailers invest enormous amounts on Merchandising systems and implementations only to be disappointed with sub-optimal results. Typically, systems integrators treat these initiatives like IT implementations not business transformational initiatives. HRC does exactly the opposite and treats these projects the right way— to generate significant business benefits.
We have helped dozens of retail chains get the best possible results from their Merchandising-related systems implementations and have also remediated numerous implementations that were previously mis-managed by the systems integrators.
Our merchandising consultants provide a number of high-value Merchandising services, including:
- Assessment and Development of Merchandise Strategy
- Merchandising &MP&A (Merchandise Planning & Allocation) Organization and Role design
- Developing Roadmap Diagnostic of Profit Improvement opportunities in the Life-Cycle
- Buy Quantification, Clustering & Assortment Planning
- Demand Forecasting, Allocation & Inventory Replenishment
- Integrated Financial & Merchandise Planning
- Markdown Optimization
- Merchandise Technology Exploitation & Remediation